Under the same moon and sky

Friday, September 08, 2006

Job Hunting

The primary reason why I moved to New York is to find a job, and hopefully to save enough money after which, figuring out what to do with the money I saved is the next plan that I would work on. I have often complained about the difficulty of finding a well paying job in the Philippines and the lack of job opportunities. Most of the job openings back home are in sales or as call center representatives. I have nothing against those jobs, it's just that I'm not made for them. I figured that working in the U.S. would help me fastrack my way to financial freedom, something I feel that would be almost impossible for me to do in the Philippines.

After being here in the U.S. for 2 months and 2 weeks, I'm still looking for a full-time job. I have already found a part-time job, but getting a full-time job still eludes me. I am getting impatient and a little frustrated with this situation. I know that patience and a lot of prayer would really do me good and it is also the same thing that my friends and family adviced me.

Sundays are usually spent looking at the job market section of the newspapers. Everyday, I check my e-mail for replies from companies that I have applied in, as well as passing resumes online. I have also posted my resume to monster.com and other web sites that help job hunters land jobs. Setting up interview appointments by phone have also become part of the routine. There's not much to do but keep on trying and keep on persevering in finding employment. Especially when all I have is $240 in my bank account.

4 Comments:

  • Don't worry, dawg. You're much better off than those who have full-time jobs here (read: me). And at least you have a bank account.

    I know you'll find the perfect job very soon. I can tell from the arrangement of the stars. =)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 8:30 AM  

  • keep the faith.



    and if all else fails, you can always use your body to earn big bucks. hehehe.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:56 AM  

  • Keep your head up! Im sure you'll find a job in no time! Try some here: http://www.motionographer.com/jobs/
    I believe in you!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

  • Thanks for the support. I miss you all.

    To Migs: I sure hope so. It's just kind of frustrating, from blue eagle to blue collar.

    To Pau: I know. I don't know how long I can last. It's difficult when people only want you for your looks and body. Maybe being a man-whore is my calling. Hehehe.

    To: Jenny: Thanks for dropping by and for the heads up. I'll update you guys about me and my pimpin adventures here.

    By Blogger Ernest, at 6:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home