Under the same moon and sky

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Ambitions

What are your ambitions in Life?

I admire the people who know what they want in Life. More often than not, these people have very detailed plans and a set timeframe about how and when they are going to achieve their goals in life. They pursue their dreams actively and work hard to make them a reality.

On the other hand, I only have a vague idea of what I want in life. My plans are not very detailed, just simple plans that I can easily change or modify if the circumstances do not allow it. Thus, I have back-up plans if things don't go the way I want them to be. I exert an effort to pursue them, but I also prepare myself if they don't become a reality.

I am really just a simple person with simple ambitions. I do not aspire to be rich, powerful, or famous although I would sometimes joke about it. I just want to have enough. Enough of everything necessary and vital. Maybe the only thing that I would have more that enough of is Happiness.

One thing that has become very important for most people is money. Many people go on living thinking that it is the most important thing in the world. Money is important, but there are other more important things in life. I'm just glad that I have realized this at a young age.

Because of this, I feel sorry for the people who think that money is everything. They cannot understand that there are more important things than money and they go on worshipping it.
I have sometimes been chastised for having simple or lowly ambitions, trying to convince me to be like them. I will never understand them and be like them. They will never understand my reasoning anyway.

5 Comments:

  • I once read that if you have a fallback plan, you will fall back. But I guess your post is not so much about failing priorities as making sure you set realistic goals, without having to worry about money all the time. No one should care about money as long as they're happy.

    We need pics of hot chicks in this blog by the way.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:08 PM  

  • what has 'dLI done to you nigga? i might have to come back there sooner so i can set ur ass straight homes!

    u gone soft!

    --cp3

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:55 AM  

  • for real dawg, we know y u getting all "dawson" on us.

    just hang in there man, we'll see each other sooner than you think.

    and if it helps, u aint the only one thats down in the dumps over there. just head over to MSG and u got 20000 sympathizers waitin' to give you a hug.

    -cp

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 AM  

  • Migs: About the pics that may still be a long way. Once i get a fulltime job then the opportunity will be there to meet them. haha. Cheers! :)

    CP3: Haha, the sooner you get here the better.It's just that boredom people who worship money are making me sick recently thus the reason to vent.

    Now that's hate. ice cold haterade. We're going 44-38 baby and my main man Starbury is gonna eat up CP3 alive. ^_~

    By Blogger Ernest, at 11:38 AM  

  • Awww man, you write too much and sometimes i think about that once i get home from work.

    I realized its not bout the benjamins or in our situation ninoys. It's about being balanced as well. Friends and Family and a lot of LOVE!

    Hang in there playah thank god my visa is still expiring 5 years from now.

    Hopefully our knicks are playoff contenders by the time im there again. hahahah cp3 now commends you for being so "dawson" hahahahha.

    Each and everyone of us has his/her own happiness.

    Dawson a.k. a. Kielogs

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home