Under the same moon and sky

Friday, August 04, 2006

Two Summers

This year I have experienced something unusual. I have experienced two summers. "How is that possible?" you may ask. It is because I experienced my first summer in the Philippines, which started mid March to mid June and now I am experiencing my second summer here in the U.S. which started mid June up to now and will probably last up to September.

The weather in New York has been terribly hot and most of the U.S. is experiencing a heat wave. For someone who has lived most of his life in the Philippines, this kind of temperature is nothing new. Yet for some reason this has been a subject of controversy here in the U.S., many are linking this phenomenon to global warming. Today, however the temperature is a little cooler compared to the temperature these past few days.

I don't like hot weather. Even though living in the Philippines has made me used to hot weather, it is still something I despise. I remember telling myself that I will miss almost everything in the Philippines except for the hot weather. Looks like it will be something that I have to bear with until autumn and winter arrives later this year.

If I were to choose between a sunny day and a rainy day, I will always choose a rainy day. There is something about the rain that makes me happy, mostly because of the cool weather and the rain drops that fall from the sky. Everything seems to become slower. Anyway since there is nothing that I can do for the moment, I will start praying for rain.

7 Comments:

  • What a lovely post. Yes, I hear that the heat has caught New York on. And does your preference for rainy days mean emo-ishly crying with tears of joy from heaven?

    Two summers. I sure hope next year won't be any different...(sabi mo March ah!!!)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:01 AM  

  • Haha, my love for the rain has no emo connection, it's just the cool weather really.

    Haha, I'm keeping that promise. Pray that I be employed ASAP. Thanks.

    By Blogger Ernest, at 4:47 PM  

  • I watched on TV that NY has been
    very very hot for few days.
    And, a lot of people died because of it... That's terrible!
    I'm concerning many street people will die by this.
    I hope the weather will be getting cooler.

    By Blogger erika, at 7:14 AM  

  • What you saw on TV was true Erika. It's really very hot and some people have died because of it. In some parts of the city there has been no electricity for days. It's really terrible

    By Blogger Ernest, at 8:35 AM  

  • it's time to lace up your kicks and whip some ass in the playgrounds there. hehe

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:42 AM  

  • Don't worry. When November comes, NYC will be as cold as the, uh, Knicks. *insert evil chuckle here*

    By Blogger Unknown, at 11:18 AM  

  • To Pau: I can't play basketball outdoors the sun's UV rays will hurt my sensitive skin (kio-esque reasoning.) Haha..

    To Migs: Hehe, winter is another thing I am worried about. Congratulations, Mr. Jeffries. The Wizards declined to match the Knicks' offer sheet. You are now a Knick. I'm getting you a Jared Jeffries jersey and a Rudy Gay jersey for Pau, now that's gangsta!

    By Blogger Ernest, at 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home