Under the same moon and sky

Saturday, August 12, 2006

Questions

I started working and training for my part-time job today. I am working as a front desk receptionist at a nursing home. I work twice a week, monday to tuesday 5:00 pm- 10 pm. Having this part-time job will keep me occupied and will help me earn money to spend in looking for a full-time job. I hope to get a full time job soon.

During my training today, I noticed all the old people walking around. Most of them were over 70 in age, and some might even be in their late 80's or early 90's. This made me aware of age and our mortality.

Growing up, aging and eventually dying is inevitable. Looking at them however did not bring up these images but instead made me focus on what may have been their accomplishments in life, triumphs, mistakes, memories, and regrets and respect for how they have lived this long.

It got me thinking again. Life becomes more complicated as you continue living. As a child life must have been simple but as you continue to grow, many things nake life more difficult yet interesting. In it sparked many unanswered questions that I sometimes ask myself.

How should I live my life?

What is love?

What is/are the most important things in life?

What makes/will make me truly happy?

Will I find true happiness?

What is the meaning of my life?

These are just some of the questions that I have asked myself. I do not know if I will ever find the answers to my questions. Looking at them, I also wondered if they found the answers to the questions that they might have asked themselves.

A lucky man/woman, I would say is a person who found the answers for his/her questions.

6 Comments:

  • Yeah, I agree with you. I also often think about these questions. I wonder if there weren't English, what would I study? I really like English so studying English is one of my happinesses.
    I think we are living to find these answers like what u said.

    By Blogger erika, at 11:07 PM  

  • Congratulations on the new job! But are these words from a man with an existential crisis? Emo, hahaha! Still, I agree with you. We'll never know how young we used to be until we stop to ask these questions.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 12:02 AM  

  • love is playing every game as if its your last. -- MJ

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 PM  

  • To Erika:

    Yes, we should live each day to find the answers to our questions.

    To Migs:

    Haha, 23 and I'm already feeling old and on November i'll be 24. Good Luck to us in finding the answers.

    To Anonymous:

    That's my favorite Air Jordan Ad along with "I have failed over and over, that's why I succeed"

    By Blogger Ernest, at 10:40 PM  

  • I smell someone has been listening to MR MESTIZO GWAPITO MIGUEL DE JESUS!!!! OH YES!!!! Someone is starting to earn a lot of benjamins lately wooohooo!!!

    According the Aristotle everyone has his/her own definition of happiness. So its possible not everyone could answer all those questions.

    Its good that your working na. Next time post some pics naman. Lalo na pag nag MSG KA pose a pic with the next RODZILLA Renaldo BALKMAN WOOOHOOO!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    - kiel

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:39 PM  

  • ako si anonymous!! i forgot to put my sig..


    -cp3

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home