Under the same moon and sky

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Thank God for the rain

I finally got my wish.

The weather here in New York has been rainy and cloudy for the past 5 or 6 days and I couldn't be much happier about it. It's a lot cooler because of it and watching the raindrops fall is surely a sight to see. What's even better than watching the rain is walking in the rain, with an umbrella of course. Except when the rain is just a slight drizzle and I'm too lazy to open my umbrella and just opt to feel the raindrops falling on my head. Walking around in NYC in the rain, It doesn't get any more emo than that.

I have been exploring NYC this past week. It hasn't been for leisure purposes though but strictly business. I will reserve going to NYC for leisure till I save enough money for the digicam that I have been wanting to buy. I will be posting pictures weekly or even more than once a week when that time comes. Hopefully it will be sometime around October to November.

Going back to business in NYC, I was there or passed by there on my way to interviews. The first one was my interview with Continental Airlines in which I was late for 10 minutes and the outcome was I wasn't able to interview because of arriving late. Not a good trait for some one who wants to be a flight attendant. I blame the delays in the schedule of public transportation for that.

The other interview was yesterday for a position as an ESL teacher. I was able to arrive on time this time and the interview was so-so.

I'm still getting used to riding the subway, I am able to get to the right station and ride the right train, but sometimes going to the opposite direction of my intended destination. That's something that will take some getting used to. Going around the city and being able to familiarize myself. I miss Manila all of a sudden, the jeepneys, MRT/LRT, FX's and even the tricycles and the other means of transportaion getting around Manila, My Manila

Anyway, I'm really thankful to God for the rain. It's been giving me happiness.

2 Comments:

  • I'm sorry to hear about the interview, dawg. But this is some emo ish right here. You should've taken pics of downtown NYC! Get that camera now. =)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:16 AM  

  • you cant be pullin that "krenny, im sorry im late" routine there 'bones.

    haha!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home